Monday, February 5, 2018

Authentic Battle Damage-TKR 2 weeks Post op


Today is 2 weeks since my knee replacement!  I wanted to reflect on a couple of things I am dealing with 2 weeks post op.

I am still in enough pain that I struggle to sleep some nights.  This is frustrating to me because I am finding with the new crack down on opiates, unfortunately this also means post op patients.  Do most patients not need anything stronger than advil 2 weeks after a total knee replacement?  I am so curious how this is going to pan out.  Right now I am trying to only take it when I need it, but I have been hurting quite a bit last night and today. Honestly, Ice and Essential oils seem to help the most. 

I hate my staples.  I called and got my appointment moved up so I could immediately get them taken out.  I feel them digging and tearing at me, and it makes me reluctant to use my awesome knee! So hopefully later this afternoon I will be happier.

I am beginning to get better with my cane!  No idea how long I will need it, physical therapy will probably let me know.

I am also a bit scared to see how my scar is going to look.  I am thankful my husband, and my sons both see it as authentic battle damage.

May you win your battles today!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment