Friday, January 19, 2018

T-3 Days to Total Knee Replacement

 
 
 
 
This week, I have been doing my Pre surgery PT, and I have this sleeve that goes on my thigh, and just shocks the ever living daylights out of me for 20 minutes, 3 times a day.  I have to meditate or knit during these times, just to keep from being annoyed by the shocker. It doesn't hurt, it is just irritating.
I had a really nice guy bring all kinds of equipment I barely know how to use, a passive motion machine to keep my knee in motion for 6 hours a day after surgery, an Ice pack thing, some inflatable boots, and Unfortunately for him,  a "bedside camode".  ...  I was not having that.  I told him, "nope, take that back to your truck".  He insisted, "you might wish you had it".  Again, I protested, and assured him that I would rather drag myself to the potty on a hot ashphalt street in mid summer than use the potty right next to where I sleep.  I am just not ready for that yet. 
A bit of history about me- TMI- I can't do ANYTHING on the potty unless I know I am alone, and no one knows where I am or what I am doing.  Bed side potty goes against all of those things.  Some things should always be a mystery to a husband. The end.
I have the feeling I already have a "mark" in my chart..."feisty patient thinks she knows everything." "How can she expect to use the bathroom without a bedside camode?"  I promise, I will get there...even dragging my lurch leg behind me. :)

Here is a link to a video about the place I will be having my surgery and what it will look like -
I will try and keep a record of my experience, for those of you who are willing to follow along and keep me and my family in your prayers.  Surgery is Monday 1/22/2018. 
Agape!
-sillie

No comments:

Post a Comment