Friday, January 26, 2018

TKR 4 days Post Op!




Good morning!  First let me just say, I feel your prayers, your love, and it makes me stronger, braver, and happier.  You guys are awesome.

I got behind on the blog b/c before surgery, I had no problem sending myself little notes and putting them together when I had a second.  Post op, I am so sleepy, and sore, it has not been a priority.  I do exercises, walk around, and then I have to rest.  My body feels like I lost an MMA fight.  My spirit feels like it won the same fight.

I was up and walking the same day as my surgery- Monday.  I stayed the night in the hospital that night.  The nurses kept telling me to rest, "Tuesday will be a big day."  So then I realized, I have been having trouble sleeping.  I can call asleep sitting up, for about 5-10 minutes at a time.  When I get IN bed, I make a pillow fort so I can prop my knee up, then I can sleep for 45 minutes-1.5 hours.  Still not enough sleep.

Tuesday, I was discharged from the hospital.  I wanted to come home.  They set me up for Home Health PT.  They discharged me with instructions, and two prescriptions.  We went to two CVS, they did not have it.  So we hit up Walgreens, they had it, but there are so many new laws about prescriptions, my insurance wouldn't fill it the way it was written, and I was beginning to hurt, so we just got it filled.  It cost 120 bucks..(OH my gosh you guys.) So far, Ice is the most helpful and low cost item in my bags of tricks!

Wednesday-Brian's last day at home with me.  We watched some TV, I did alot of walking around the house, steps up, and steps down.  PT the usual stuff.

Thursday (yesterday)-PT came, Brian went to work, My momma came over to site with me, we watched Alias Grace and ate chick-fil-a.   I stayed up late again, unable to sleep is by far the most frustrating thing!'

Friday!- So today, my momma is coming by to take my to my follow up appointment with my ortho surgeon (Maruice Jove).  I am hoping for a clean dressing change, additional supplies to do it myself, and the OK to shower!

So a quick few other interesting tidbits-
     I am walking,  every day, doing steps, using the bathroom on my own. (no shower yet, just sponge baths)
     I am not using the walker really.  But I have not mastered the cane.
   
The pain at this point is more scary, b/c I feel like I am going to rip the incision open.  The bending and stretching for PT IS painful.

I think thats it for now.  Call or text if you want.  770 309 3645 <3

Peace, Love, and bruises!
sillie





No comments:

Post a Comment