Monday, January 22, 2018

Today is the day! TKR







Good Evening y'all!

This morning was a blur, had to get up at 4 AM, arrive at the hospital at 530. My brother, and my  Wylly Belle came to sit with Brian and me while we waited.  💜 Yesterday Clayton (my bro), Kimberly (his wife) and my Sweet Wylly Belle (my niece) came to my house and brought the most delish home made dinners.  Wylly Belle made her Brocoli cassarole, they also brought Shepherd pie, and a Lasagna.  It was funny, last night, I could not help myself and had to make the Lasagna.  I needed a comfort food dinner!  It was AMAZING! ...So I texted my brother, and he goes.."that was POST OP Lasagna!" I simply responded..."Pre Op Lasagna"!

When I woke up, my leg was already in a passive motion device, to keep it moving.  It goes really slow, and hurts on each extreme, when it lies flat, and when it reaches the furthest bend I can do now.  I have inflatable booties, to keep me from getting a blood clot.  I still have an IV going, for Antibiotics and Ibuprofen.  I am sure they keep it in, just in case they have to push something else.  I also have been applying ice, but it is not helping much since the dressing is so thick. 

I was up within a couple hours Post Op.
I have walked to the bathroom 3 times with the aide of a walker, and used the potty all by myself.  I have been playing UNO with my sweet husband, one of our favorite games. 

I will try and explain what kind of pain and discomfort I am having now.

-swelling=throbbing and aching. Like, Alot of throbbing. 😬
-muscle soreness in my leg.
-in the last 4 hours, I am beginning to feel the "burn" of the actual incision. 

Tomorrow I get to actually put panties on.  (I am not a huge fan of just sitting bare ass on any bed but my own)  Actually, lets hope they let me put more than panties on...I just want my yoga pants and a tank/flannel combo. I am a goth (skull tank), grunge (flannel), Yoga Pants (...lets just call them stretchy pants.  I haven't done Yoga in YEARS), kind of girl. 

Tomorrow I begin group PT, and a million other little things to begin prepping for discharge.  I am apparently going to be a "Shining Star" b/c my progress is great so far.  I feel this is unfair to all the other patients here, who seriously out rank me by age...most by at least 30 years.  

Please pray for my fellow patients, this is serious work, and it hurts.
Please pray for my family.
Please pray for my healing.

Special shout outs-
Too many to list, I feel loved, and so blessed.  I love you guys!

A couple of photos below..nothing gross.


 *I should have specified, I am not wearing ANY makeup in these...so the "nothing gross" may have been a small lie. 😱


 This bouquet has SOOO many different flowers.  Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks Dad!! xxoo



Love, and Titanium...

Michelle







2 comments:

  1. Praying for your healing, sweet Chelle Belle. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could never be gross, with or without makeup! Hang in there, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete